28 Oct 5 Tips for a Winter Home Transformation
The tell-tale signs are all there: the dark mornings when you can’t get out of bed, your central heating stirring into life every evening, leaves spiralling down onto your lawn in the wind (and rain), all point to one thing – Winter’s just around the corner!
For many people, it can be a tough time in a normal year. Dark, damp and dreary, many of us long to make it through to Spring as quickly as possible.
But this is no normal year. As the season approaches, covid-19 just places more and more obstacles in our way, preventing us from finding ways of beating the Winter blues. No holidays in hot countries, no parties, no pubs, (if you’ve actually still got the money to even think about things like that!)
Not even the prospect of Christmas, a time for socialising, a chink of light, offers much comfort – the memories of “Christmas past” come flooding back: lunches out with work colleagues, family shopping sprees in brightly-lit cities, the family round the table for turkey.
Except, this year, things are going to be different.
If you’re working from home, you might not have seen your work colleagues in person for several weeks, maybe even months, and if you’re lucky you the largest gathering you’ll be able to host at home this Christmas will be six people!
No, this Winter it looks like we are going to spend most of our time at home as opportunities for socialising and visits to friends and relatives are going to be few and far-between.
5 Tips to Create Your Winter Space
But this Winter doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom.
There are still lots of ways to beat the blues, keep Christmas merry and give ourselves the annual dose of the yuletide comfort we all crave. As many of us are forced to spend more and more time at home, it makes sense to do everything we can to create a cosy, comfortable space that makes us happy and accomplished.
- Think! Start by identifying the spaces you want to spend time in. Where do you want to feel cosy on those long Winter evenings?
- A vital step! Create order and space in those areas. Remove clutter, organise toys, books, documents, make sure you have a system in place to stop clutter building around you again (this can be a link to my Free PDF)??
- Be bold! Try moving some pieces of furniture into different rooms, this may lead to a new room layout, but this is the exciting part. A new room! Also introduce objects to give them a new purpose and life.
- A bit of shopping! Spend the money you save on not going out on trendy accessories to a quick revamp of your cosy spaces. New lamps, cushions, throws on sofas, plants can all help to transform rooms instantly
- Be creative! Regenerate old pictures, including photos, posters, different types of artwork. Reframing them can give them a new lease of life and change the atmosphere in a room. Also try clustering them into a single wall gallery to create a bespoke feature
Click on this link (to be provided) to claim your free PDF.
15% discount on on-site decluttering and organising service if you book before Christmas!
A Conchi The Home Coach VOUCHER starting from £50 for an alternative Christmas present.